The walls of a swimming pool may be constructed with wooden pallets as a do-it-yourself pool project. In order to contain the water, the pallets are normally placed in a rectangular or square form and lined with a pool liner.
Here are a few examples:
- Decking: Building a deck around the pool can provide a convenient and attractive way to access the pool. It can also provide a place to lounge and entertain.
- Landscaping: Adding landscaping around the pool can help to create a backyard oasis. This can include planting flowers, trees, and shrubs, as well as adding mulch or stone to the area.
- Lighting: Adding lighting to the pool area can create a beautiful ambiance at night and also increase the pool’s safety.
- Pool house: A pool house can provide additional storage, a place to change clothes, or even a small kitchen.
- Water features: Adding water features such as a waterfall or fountain can enhance the overall aesthetic of the pool.
- Privacy fencing: Privacy fencing around the pool can provide seclusion and a sense of security.
- Poolside furniture: Adding outdoor furniture such as lounge chairs, tables, and umbrellas can provide a comfortable place to relax and entertain.
- Height: The deck should be at the same height as the top of the pool, so that the pool and the deck look like they belong together.
- Materials: Pressure-treated wood or composite decking materials are popular choices for above ground pool decks because they are durable and require little maintenance.
- Design: Many different design options are available for above ground pool decks, including multi-level decks, wrap-around decks, and freestanding decks.
A well-designed above ground pool deck will provide a beautiful and functional addition to your backyard and make your pool more enjoyable for everyone.